- (uncountable) Thermal energy.
- This furnace puts out 5000 BTUs of heat.
- (uncountable) The quality of being hot
- That engine is really throwing off some heat.
- (uncountable) A form of energy that is due to the vibration of molecules in a material.
- Removal of heat from the liquid caused it to turn into a solid.
- (uncountable) An attribute of a spice that causes a burning sensation in the mouth.
- The chile sauce gave the dish heat.
- (uncountable) A period of intensity, particularly of emotion
- It"s easy to make bad decisions in the heat of the moment
- (uncountable) An undesireable amount of attention.
- The heat from her family after her DUI arrest was unbearable.
- (uncountable) (slang) The police
- The heat! Scram.
- (uncountable) (slang) A gun
- He"s packing heat.
- (countable) (baseball) A fastball
- The catcher called for the heat, high and tight.
- (uncountable) A condition where a mammal is aroused sexually or where it is especially fertile and therefore eager to engage in sexual intercourse
- The male canines were attracted by the female in heat.
- (countable) A preliminary race, used to determine the participants in a final race
- The runner had high hopes, but was out of contention after the first heat.
- (countable) One cycle of bringing metal to maxiumum temperature and working it until it is too cool to work further
- I can make a scroll like that in a single heat.
- (countable) A hot spell..
- The children stayed indoors during the summer heats.
4 letters in word "heat": A E H T.
Anagrams of heat:
Words found within heat: